Alpha Gamma Rho was founded on October 2, 1904 at Ohio State University. On April 4th 1908, Alpha Gamma Rho (Ohio State University) and Delta Rho Sigma (University of Illinois) became united in a public ceremony at the Claypool Hotel in Indianapolis.
Records show that Ohio State University produced the “groom” and the University of Illinois the “bride” for this union. The “bride” took the family name of the “groom”, Alpha Gamma Rho. As usual, the “bride” had the last word and became known as Alpha Chapter. In good grace the “groom” took the name of Beta Chapter.
Alpha Theta Chapter was chartered at the University of Maryland on October 25, 1928.
Check back soon for more Alpha Theta history!